Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Test message

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Test message
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 02:02:23 -0600

Some questions I would have before making any sort of commitment to working
for such a company would be:

  * What product line will the company produce?  (i.e. what type of
    software?  Games?  Business applications?  Custom applications for
    specific clients?  etc, etc)
  * What language(s) will the applications be written in?  (C, C++, Java,
    Perl, Python, etc, etc)
  * What will the pay be?
  * How will participants be paid? (Hourly, salaried, royalties, etc)
  * How will the software be licenced?  (Commercial, GPL, BSD, shareware,
    etc)
  * How will the company be organized?  (Corperation, sole proprietership,
    partnership, etc)
  * Who will control the company?  (You, the entire group of participants,
    stock holders, etc)
  * When will software development begin?
  * What experience is required?  Must I send a resume?  Do I need to apply
    for a possition?  Do I need to submit sample code I've written?
  * What experience do you have in the software development/engineering
    field to make it worth my time to work with you rather than someone else
    or alone?  Looking at your resume (on your web site), I see a lot of
    food preparation experience, and some limited programming experience.
    Other than Visual Basic and Visual C++, do you have any programming
    experience?  How long have you been programming for Linux?  Do you have
    any examples of work you've completed that's available for review?

Those are just a few questions I would have to ask before joining such a
cause.

Thanks

-- Jonathan

--
Useless fact #3: There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
  Jonathan Hall  *  jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx  *  PGP public key available