Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1999:
[aclug-L] help with ncftpd

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] help with ncftpd
From: "Michael Lindsey" <mlindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:44:34 -0600

Hello:

I have installed ncftp on a Red Hat 6.0 server. I have the server up and =
running in verbose mode, so I can see what is going on.  But, I cannot =
log in from the Windows machine on my network with WS-FTP.  I have not =
ventured into virtual users yet, so I am just using a bogus user that I =
created on the Red Hat machine for testing purposes.  Also, I am using =
the system's /etc/passwd file.  I can see that the user name and =
password are accepted.  I can see that ncftpd is changing to the correct =
home directory.  However, when the LIST command is issued the whole =
thing hangs and times out. I don't know how to copy/cut/paste from the =
terminal window in Gnome/Enlightenment, so I am sending a screenshot.   =
Any ideas?
=20
Thanks in advance,
Michael  =20

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: NCFTP.JPG