Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] isp hangs up, netscape crashes.

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] isp hangs up, netscape crashes.
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:53:34 -0600

My server (internet connection ) has taken to hanging up when the line
is dead for more than 10 minutes, this includes me writing letters using
netscape.  When it does, usernet will redial, and reconnect, but
netscape will lock up and you must reboot the computer to get controll
of xwindows.  What can I do to make netscape to get back in gear when
usernet redials.  How can netscape refind the net socket?

Michael