Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Logging into NT LAN

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Logging into NT LAN
From: "The Bobster" <thebobster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 10:22:58 -0600

My understandinf is that the NT 4.0 tool set is inadequate to support UNIX
or LINUX clients. You can access services like pop3 and smtp and do a little
ldap, but that is about it. Windows 2000  is supposed to quite a bit more to
support U/L clients, and Microsoft is developing a course for it, but I
probably couldn't tell you more until I sit the class after Win2K gets
released to manufactur. I'll be able to tell you more in a couple of months.

Bob Reinsch
MCT/MCSE/ASE/ACI/PSE/Aspiring LCI