Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: timezone question...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: timezone question...
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:03:21 -0600

Looks like you are using Netscape for mail. If I remember right
Netscape has some of its own options for adjusting the time. From a
command line, type "date" and see if the time and zone info look
right. This suggests that your system is set up correctly. Then go
fiddle with the Netscape settings to see if that fixes the problem.

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 09:36:51PM -0600, gLaNDix wrote:
> what should i have my /etc/timezone file say?  right now, i've got the
> line "US/Central" in it... is that not correct?  when i send mail to
> myself, it always says -0600, but when i send it to aclug, it says
> +0100... why?
>
> jesse
>
> --
> "If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
>      - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page
>
> http://www.boycott-ms.org/

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Systems/Network Administrator
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963