Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: 17"-19" monitor

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: 17"-19" monitor
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 14:25:47 -0600

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 02:14:41PM -0600, Maverick, Ven-Han Ieong wrote:
> Hi, all
>       I am currently looking for a 17" or 19" monitor, I am thinking
> the following brands...
> CTX
> Viewsonics,
> Sony
> Hitachi
> Nokia
>       I need a reliable monitor on X-windows, price is about $300-$450.
> Thanks.

I recommend both the Sony and Viewsonic. Sony is a bit more
expensive. I do, however, recommend that you don't get the cheapest
model of either. I probably can get you XF86Configs for either. The
others are probably fine too, but I don't have experience with them.

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Systems/Network Administrator
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963