Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] 6.1 red hat rocks

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] 6.1 red hat rocks
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:46:17 -0600

I just finished installing red had 6.1.  Other than a little bit of
trouble figuring out how to force fdisk (type expert at boot, and click
on the button when xwindow comes up)  All configuration is within
xwindow enviroment.  I think a couple more revisions and the average
person can configure it. Infact if you put the cd in the drive and turn
on the computer and select Gnome work station, I will configure itself
entirely!!  I had to make it co-exist with w95, so had to work a little
harder to make it squeeze in there.  I tried my best to make debian 2.1
work, but I could not get it going, I was never allowed at the fdisk,
debian kept erasing the dos side of the partion, or would ignore it when
it was boot time!  As soon as I figure out how to make wine work, I will
be in there.  As I wrote all the software in visual c++ and plan on
loggin in from the linux side, and accessing the dos from wine!

Mike