Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] Adaptec SCSI & SuSE Linux

To: <aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Adaptec SCSI & SuSE Linux
From: "Ryan Hunt" <almightynayr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:43:21 -0600

I recently aquired 2 Seagate SCSI HDS(2gig and 6gig) and an Adaptec 1540CF
Controller, i got no documents with these and after i finally both hds detected
by the BIOS it only assignes a drive letter to the 2 gig wich is ID 0 (Proably
dosent matter)
i was running SuSE 6.2 and decided that a system scrap would be worth
reinstalling onto the SCSI since I was on IDE (still have the system on the IDE
its just not in my box now). After a long pierod of the Suse LinuxRC install
scanning the adaptec controller I can see it found both harddrives from the
System information screen, yet when YaST starts and prepares for the install it
dosent show the SCSI harddrives, what do i have to do to get it to install on
the SCSI Harddrives...

regards,
Ryan "Nayr" Hunt

Nayr Productions - http://www.Nayr.com