Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: accessing the floppy drive from linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: accessing the floppy drive from linux
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:18:18 -0500

on my mandrake it looks like this:

/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
sync,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev,unhide 0 0

on my old red had 5.2 and before it was like this:

/dev/fd0               /mnt/floppy               msdos    defaults        0 0

you can make the floppy ext2 but the only time i use the floppy drive is for
sharing file with non-connected, non-linux people.

anyway add one of these lines to your fstab and it should work

if it does not try changing fd0 to fd1 or something like that.

good luck

phrostie