Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: accessing the floppy drive from linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: accessing the floppy drive from linux
From: "Maverick, Ven-Han Ieong" <vhieong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:43:40 -0600 (CST)

I think you just put one line on the /etc/fstab
like
/dev/fd0           /mnt/floppy             ext2    noauto          0 0

if you type dmesg on the command, it should show a line that..
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M

if you want to access the drive a:, you can mount it like
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy (if you don't have the /mnt/floppy, just mkdir
it).
when you done , just umount /dev/fd0

If you just want to access to a Dos disk in Unix,
mtools, should help, do a man on it, it should support like...
Supported commands:
mattrib, mbadblocks, mcd, mcopy, mdel, mdeltree, mdir, mformat,
minfo, mlabel, mmd, mmount, mpartition, mrd, mread, mmove
mren, mtoolstest, mtype, mwrite, mzip.

I hope it help. =) Have a nice day,
                                        Mav