Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Sound card problems

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sound card problems
From: "gLaNDix" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:03:00 -0500

yup, it's www.alsa-project.org...  they're really great, actually...  rumor
has it that eventually, it will be incorperated into the kernel to add more
sound support...  if you need any help installing, i can probably help out,
or the mailing lists are very helpful...  it supports quite a few cards,
including my Ensoniq AudioPCI / Creative SoundBlaster PCI-64 (es1370) snd
crd...  PnP and all!  it even adds some stuff that the kernel and winblows
drivers won't let me do (dual PCM devices!)

gLaNDix