Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: rpm listings

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: rpm listings
From: "Lowell Premer" <Lowell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:23:20 -0500

Folks,
    I've used gnorpm with rh6.0; it's easy to use on installed pkgs.
However, since you
mentioned -q, does that mean this must be done from the command line?
    In ref. to glint, the old graphical pkg mgr, I can't seem to get it to
run on
6.0; it worked on 5.2 just fine, but has been supplanted by gnorpm on the
new distro;
I tried putting it on after the fact, but "glint &" spins the drive briefly,
then
nothing. ctrl-c produces a process # and "glint halted" or words to that
effect. (?)

Lowell