Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] FW: Your Linux Today newsletter for October 9, 1999

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] FW: Your Linux Today newsletter for October 9, 1999
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:34:42 -0500

Here's some interesting links from Linux Today's Newsletter:

Carl Milloshewski: Tux Gets Mean

"In light of the "Linux Myths" article, we are releasing to the community
"SuperTux", a 50k graphic of a new and beefed up Tux."

http://www.aglconsult.com/images/supertux.gif

<-->

RoaringPenguin: Microsoft Lambastes Linux

"Given their assertion during their anti-trust trial that Linux is
a serious competitor to Microsoft Windows, their latest article is
surprising... I will examine and rebut the Microsoft statements."

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/ms-response.html

<-->

"Linux Administration Made Easy" (LAME) Release

Guide, recently updated for Red Hat 6.1, attempts to describe day-to-day
administration and maintenance issues commonly faced by Linux system
administrators.

http://linuxtoday.com/story.php3?sn=10954

<-->

Rant Mode Equals One: Linux Reality Versus Microsoft Myth

"This is an open letter to the people at Microsoft who irresponsibly
posted some misleading information recently upon their web site. It
is the hopes of the author that they will take these words to task,
and clean up their act. It's my own personal advice. -- Paul Ferris"

http://linuxtoday.com/story.php3?sn=10912

<-->

Linuxnewbie.org: HOWTO Triple boot Linux-WindowsNT-Windows98

"This assumes you will be starting from scratch and will
reformat/repartition."

http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/osbooting/tripleb.html

<-->

CNET News.com: Linux art stunt takes jab at Microsoft

"The stunt is meant as a jab at the Windows licensing agreement that
has irked users of the upstart, open-source operating system."

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-811258.html

<-->

LinuxPR: LinuxFool.Com Is Launched as a New Support and Discussion Portal
for Linux Users

"LinuxFool.com will ultimately grow to become an awesome resource for
Unix users of all sorts."

http://linuxpr.com/releases/484.html