Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Password of wrong user got changed

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Password of wrong user got changed
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Oct 1999 14:05:42 -0500

Yes, if you use su, it can nab the user that invoked it instead of
root itself.  It is wise to always explicitly specify the username
when you use passwd.

Also, some versions of xlock will allow you to use the root password
to unlock any user's screen.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |