Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] [Fwd: ATTN programmers & Robotic Linux majors!!]

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] [Fwd: ATTN programmers & Robotic Linux majors!!]
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 21:16:03 -0500

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:23:41 -0500
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ATTN programmers & Robotic Linux majors!!

I have asked on several occasions about Linux support on xwindows
programming, and using Linux on a robotics pc.   GALIL, offers their
robotic card (DMC17XX series) with straight C & C++ Support, with out
requiring Visual C++ or Visual Basic.  There are a couple of Engineers
who are familiar with Linux, and development under a Unix enviroment.
The DMC1730 is a 3 axis full power robotics card, jumperable or PNP.  It
features serial in and out, and parallel in and out, in addition to the
number of axis defined.  THis card plugs into the pc and drives servo
amplifiers through an optical coupler.  This can also be fitted with a
fiber optics cables for each axis.  They can be found at
www.galilmc.com  This will now make it possible to develope robotic
projects under the Linux enviroment.  But, companies still enjoy pretty
screens and toys added.  Sometimes, over security.

I would still be interested in development of software which takes
advantage of the xwindows enviroment!

Michael Holmes