Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] read the book

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] read the book
From: Craig Terhune <craigter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 20:41:49 -0500

About 3 weeks ago I posted a message about a prog. that needed wish. I was told
of a few places that might have it. I looked but could not find it. So I gave
up. Thursday I was reading a section in Linux unleashed that I have skipped
over  many times because I thought I would not understand anything. It was
programming C, C++, Perl, Tcl.tk and Motif. The answer to my question was
there under programming Tcl,tk which uses wish as it's command shell. So i did a
search for wish and found it in /usr/x11r6, the program was looking for it in
/usr/bin. I made a symbolic link and installed and ran the program. The moral
to the story or learning experience is read everything weather it makes since to
you or not, you just might learn something.

 -- Unwritten man page: Understanding Linux thru better medication
Maintained by Timothy Oleary