Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Exciting ACLUG news: redesigned website

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Exciting ACLUG news: redesigned website
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Sep 1999 14:46:11 -0500

Good afternoon!

After several weeks of hacking, I have redone the ACLUG website in
another web environment (Zope, in case you're interested).  It will
eventually replace the current one if all goes well.  You can take a
look at it at:

  http://aclug2.complete.org/

Features of the new site are, or will, include:

 * Interactive events calendar
   http://aclug2.complete.org/events/ (then click on calendar)

 * Site map

 * Search tool

 * Online news and discussion (ala slashdot)
   http://aclug2.complete.org/news/

 * Inline discussions (see the story in the news area for details on this)

Take a look and let me know what you think.  Or even post a comment in
the news area about it!

Incidentally, the ACLUG survey that has been put up is actually part
of the beta site, it was just put up before the beta site was ready
for beta testing :-)

-- John Goerzen