Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Need your opinions!!

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Need your opinions!!
From: "David Carmichael" <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:16:55 -0500

All I can add to this is.. while the Voodoo3 boards use an older Voodoo
Linux driver set at this time... If you plan on any gaming then the Voodoo3
is the way to go.  On ZDTV they have shown "DOOM" on a Linux machine with a
Voodoo3 board and it out preformed the 'same' version of the game on the
same computer running Win'98.

"BUT" from what I have read you will need at least a P2-300 for the new
Voodoo3 video card??????  At least I was told that I could not use a Voodoo3
PCI card it on my P200 system

David E Carmichael