Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] Canceling a System Startup Process...

To: "Air Capital LUG" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Canceling a System Startup Process...
From: "Bob Bonifield" <augur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:42:06 -0500

Hey all.  I have been experimenting with the Icecast Mp3 broadcast software
( www.icecast.org ).  Anyways, I am running Redhat 6.0 and I installed
Icecast via the RMP given to download.  Now, I restarted my linux box and
came to a weird conclusion, it won't load.  After everything is all started
up, it sits there and does nothing at the prompt 'starting icecast ->'
letting you type there.  I have tried typing various commands, as maybe it's
to load something, but no luck.  I tried simply typing quit, kill, logout,
and even my remote admin password for the server, but no such luck.  I was
wondering how I would go about killing that process while it's sitting
there.  I can't get into my linux box when it just sits there and does
nothing.  Thanks for any help you can give me, I really wanna get this Mp3
server running :)

See ya.
----
Bob Bonifield