Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] Your personal music picks from MP3.com

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Your personal music picks from MP3.com
From: MusicNews@xxxxxxx
Date: 27 Aug 1999 20:56:41 -0000

Dear Music Fan,

Here's a fresh batch of personal song picks and music news.
Thanks again for visiting MP3.com and providing us with
your e-mail address. To unsubscribe, please see the bottom
of this e-mail for instructions.

IN THIS ISSUE:
* Your personal music picks -- new free downloads
* Viva La Revolucion Electronica!
* Artist connection: news from your favorite bands
* Alanis and Tori tour with top MP3.com acts -- go backstage
* Meredith LeVande breaks the 25K barrier on MP3.com
* Have a web site? Stake your claim in the MP3 revolution

===[Sponsor]==========================================
*** Get FREE CDs and more from MyPoints ***
Join MyPoints today and get FREE valuable rewards from
merchants like BLOCKBUSTER(r), Sam Goody, Sony Music,
Tower Records and more! You get Points by visiting web
sites and responding to e-mail. Then redeem your Points
for great rewards from name-brand merchants. Start NOW
with up to 150 Points by signing up at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/u_www.mypoints.com/offer/AKFV/

//// Your personal music picks -- FREE new downloads

Based on your MP3.com music profile, we think you'll
like these tunes:

  4 moments silence
    by Lost_
    (Tech Trance)
    http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn3/u_www/artists/28/_lost.html
  PLUTONIAN WAVES
    by Pink Dream
    (New Age)
    http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn3/u_www/artists/5/pink_dream.html
  Maslenskaya
    by Andrey Vinogradov
    (World Fusion)

http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn3/u_www/artists/8/andrey_vinogradov_composer__pe.html

For more music recommendations, check out MyMP3 at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/a_re/u_my/cgi-bin/mymp3/mymp3

//// Viva La Revolucion Electronica!
by Evan Bartholomew -- supporting the electronic revolution.

The electronic community on MP3.com continues to grow and
expand at an exponential rate. Artists are remixing each
other's tracks and critiquing each other's work. Constructive
advice and mastering techniques are traded at will among the
many participants on the electronic message boards. We have a
family here, and one listen to the music on the site will
prove that a viral electronic community is establishing
itself in cyberspace.

Of particular note, two artists have come to my attention
who are producing extremely complex and groundbreaking music.
The first, Bassic, creates a complex blend of experimental
soundscapes and organic melodic textures. This is truly
music to meditate by.
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/a_gn/u_www/artists/34/bassic.html

For groove-laden mastery of the electronic form, check out
SevenEyes, an artist mixing dub, trance and complex rhythmic
structures into an exotic blend.
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/a_gn/u_www/artists/39/seveneyes.html

//// Artist Connection -- news from your favorite bands

The following artists have posted "Calendar and Notes"
pages to keep their fans up to date and in the loop.
WARNING: MP3.com does not monitor these web pages
(our lawyers made us say that, but it's true; we really
don't). Accordingly, we are not responsible for what may
be construed by some to be adult or offensive content.

    moondawg

http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn3/u_events/cgi-bin/events/viewcal.cgi?band_id=1968
    Red Hawk and Wolf

http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn3/u_events/cgi-bin/events/viewcal.cgi?band_id=12131
    Electrostatic

http://click.mp3.com/ct/n_573777694/o_mn3/u_events/cgi-bin/events/viewcal.cgi?band_id=4772

===[ Sponsor ]========================================
Rad Y2K Survival Kit:
boxLot's auction krib offers phat pieces of Rock-n-Roll history,
including those wack Furbies, and some damn Beanie Babies.
You can prolly find your fav stuff, bigup!
Register and place your bid at
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/u_www.boxlot.com/auction/welcome.exe/mp3

//// Alanis and Tori tour with top MP3.com acts

MP3.com artists Greta Gaines, Chlorophyll, Ray Lane,
Lotusland and Sci-Fi Lullaby were recently hand-picked by
Alanis Morissette and Tori Amos to open their current
"5-1/2 Weeks" tour. Now MP3.com is bringing you the
"Tour Behind The Tour," with exclusive interviews, photos,
multimedia, artist tour diaries and more. Go backstage at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/u_www.alanisandtori.com

//// Meredith LeVande breaks the 25K barrier on MP3.com

New York-Based singer/songwriter Meredith Levande is the
25,000th artist to place her music on MP3.com. Her latest
CD, "Through The Clouds," is filled with lush, pop song
craft.  Download a piece of history at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/a_gn/u_www/artists/41/meredith_levande.html

//// Have a web site? Stake your claim in the MP3 revolution!

Earn money and enrich your web site while giving your
visitors the freedom to discover new music and interact
with artists in ways they never have before.  Join the
MP3.com Affiliate Network today:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/u_www/affiliate

//// HTML newsletter now available

Check out your personal newsletter page in full HTML glory
(nicer layout, graphics and more) -- just log into MyMP3
and select the "My News" tab at:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/a_nl/u_my/cgi-bin/mymp3/mymp3

//// Spread the news -- don't keep MP3.com a secret

If you enjoyed this newsletter, do unto others and forward
it to a friend!

//// Shape the Future!

MP3.com is hiring engineers to help build the greatest thing since
sliced bread.  If you're web-savvy, want to work with sharp engineers,
and know why pearl is misspelled, then check out:
http://click.mp3.com/ct/o_mn3/n_573777694/u_www/jobs