Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] Linux as NT proxy client

To: <kulua-l@xxxxxxxxx>, <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux as NT proxy client
From: "Ryan & Jen" <rrupert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:35:44 -0500

Has anyone had any experience setting up a Linux machine as a client to an
NT 4.0 machine running a Proxy server?
The NT 4.0 machine (have to run it on my 3 PC LAN for now, unfortunately)
has a single modem supplying a PPP dialup connection to my ISP.
Here in BFE Salinaville an analog dialup connection is the best I can do for
now as DSL and Cable are not yet available and ISDN is the big bucks.
In fact, setting up the Linux machine with a modem provided Internet
connection for a couple of MS Windows (NT and 95; cough! cough!!) machines
would work as well and probably be preferred.
I will check the web for documentation, just wondering if anyone out there
has done this.
Basically, I am tired of plugging and unplugging the phone line into the
machine I want Internet access with, NT or Linux!

Ryan
rrupert@xxxxxxx
"This would be some cool signature with a witty quote. That is if I had
decided to use that sort of thing and not opted to be so lame."