Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Two questions:

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Two questions:
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 09:45:27 -0500

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 08:49:06PM -0500, Patrick Klee wrote:
> How do I get on the committee mailing list?

Don't know

> And...
>
> Does anyone know, if I need to stay connected to the Internet to run an
> Apache web server?

No, you do not need to be connected, ever, to run a web server for
your own machine or your own network. Now, people from the outside
won't be able to access pages unless you are connected, but I assume
that is obvious.

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Systems/Network Administrator
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963