Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] [Linux Gazette <lg@xxxxxxx>] Linux Gazette #44 (August 1999) i

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] [Linux Gazette <lg@xxxxxxx>] Linux Gazette #44 (August 1999) is available
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Aug 1999 17:13:40 -0500

[Note to those who got a Forbidden Page error trying to read the new issue
over the weekend: this has been fixed.]

"Linux Gazette...Making Linux just a little more fun!"

Linux Gazette is a freely available, WWW e-zine that includes short articles
giving tips and tricks, ideas and suggestions for customizing and running
Linux. It is a member of the Linux Documentation Project.

While we do not mail issues of LG to our readers--it's just too big--we do
have an announcement service. Write lg-announce-request@xxxxxxx with the
word subscribe in the body, and each month you will receive an e-mail notice
when we post Linux Gazette.

Linux Gazette issue #44, August 1999, is out and can be found at:
  http://www.linuxgazette.com/

For download purposes, individual issues of LG are available at:
  ftp://ftp.ssc.com/pub/lg/

A list of mirror sites can be found at:
  http://www.linuxgazette.com/mirrors.html

Topics in this issue include:

     * The Front Page
     * The MailBag
          + Help Wanted & Article Ideas
          + General Mail
     * News Bytes
          + News in General
          + Software Announcements
     * The Answer Guy, by James T. Dennis
     * More 2 Cent Tips
     * New Release Reviews, by Larry Ayers
          + Ted, a Rich Text Word Processor
     * Graphics Muse, by Michael J. Hammel
     * Cosource.com Enters Live Beta!, by Norman M. Jacobowitz
     * perlpp: cpp on Steroids, by Dr. Warren MacEvoy
     * How to use a Ramdisk for Linux, by Mark Nielsen
     * Finding All Filenames with Identical I-Node Numbers, by Steve
       O'Neill
     * DNS for the Home Network, by JC Pollman and Bill Mote
       new series "The Linux Home System Administrator" !
     * Other ways to join and contribute to the Open Source community, by
       Erik Severinghaus
     * Linux Tips and Tricks, by Anderson Silva
     * Pine and Exim: a bug, by Jan Stumpel
     * The Back Page
          + About This Month's Authors
          + Not Linux