Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] "Per user" options

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] "Per user" options
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:43:29 +0000 (GMT)

Maybe I'm not searching for the right terms, but does Linux have the
equivalent of "per user" options that limits the system resources used by
specified users?  Specifically, I have a daemon I'm debugging and every so
often it freaks out and consumes all system memory, forcing me to
hard-boot.  I need to limit the amount of memory it can allocate.

Thanks.

--
Carl (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)