Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] web email

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] web email
From: "Dennis Quiring" <dquiring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:45:02 -0500

Yes, this is correct that Microsoft does NOT use IIS on NT4 server.

This can be ascertained by going to the following site from Netcraft and
doing an "examine":

http://www.netcraft.com/whats/

Type in Hotmail's location which is:    lc3.law5.hotmail.passport.com

And you get the following results for the Hotmail server:

lc3.law5.hotmail.passport.com is running Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8
SSLeay/0.9.0b on FreeBSD

Ironic isn't it?
---
Dennis Quiring