Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] procmail presentation on Aug 2

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] procmail presentation on Aug 2
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:35:48 -0500 (CDT)

I am planning on giving a presentation on procmail at the next ACLUG
meeting. What would you like to learn?

. installation of procmail as the default delivery agent
. safety-net type tips for testing procmail
. autoresponder / vacation
. how to divert mailing lists to different incoming folders
. ways to cut down on spam

I won't say "I'll try to keep it short", because there's plenty I
could cover. I want to cover what people are interested in, though, so
if you see something that you would like to use procmail for, please
let me know.  If you think we should discuss it on the list, please
direct it there, otherwise feel free to send it directly to me
off-list.

If I could, I'd like to avoid discussing really in-depth, complex
recipes at the meeting, as that's something that wouldn't hold
everyone's attention in a presentation setting. There is a procmail
mailing list that would be well-suited for something like that. I'd be
glad to take a stab at it 'offline', so to speak -- in email rather
than during the presentation.  I will go over basic recipes in order
to give everyone an idea of how procmail works.

-jeff
--
According to a recent Justice Department report, the number of jailed
Americans more than doubled over the past 12 years. What do you think