Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
[aclug-L] no luck on the PnP modem

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] no luck on the PnP modem
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:58:56 -0500

I am still getting error 376 fatal resource conflict allocating 8 bytes of
io at (2e8 & 2f8 both)  I first tried comm2 (ttys1) then I tried
comm4(ttys3).  I did like John said to (check /proc dir).  under interrupts
I found IRQ3 unassigned.  Under io I found 2e8 & 2f8 unassigned.  I am at
my wits end.  This modem card functioned great under redhat 5.0 & 5.2.  But
this 6.0 hates it.  Also the sound card is fully configuring and isapnp
reports it allocated, and the interrupts and io show it there, but the
sound init program (esa or something like that)  show a page full of
frequencies it will not do.  Gnome reports the card defective.  But all of
this worked on 5.0 & 5.2.  The sound card is a an on board PnP, it is part
of the same which the video uses.(pci)  Both cards function on M$-win 95.

Ps thanks John, using the diskette worked great.. It now boots Linux in a
couple of minutes instead of 25!  It may have been WD's ez boot fighting
the LILO.

mike