Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] John Goerzen internation Geek of Mystery

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] John Goerzen internation Geek of Mystery
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Jul 1999 16:23:25 -0500

Hehe, yes that's me, always sneaking about doing insidious things to
undermine the Empire :-)

It works akin to software.  The source code for this is LaTeX/EPS.
This will appear on websites in a few days to a week.

You can pull this down, modify it as you wish, and release the result
under the GPL.  The original copyright is held by SPI, Ossama Othman,
and myself, so yes, you still must list us, if nowhere else, then in
the copyright notice.

It is *REALLY* cool to have a major house like Macmillan/New Riders
publish it with a GPL and assign the copyright to SPI.  I am quite
glad to see that.

For those of you curious, it also made slashdot today.  Amazon,
Borders, and BN are taking preorders -- use ISBN 0-7357-0914-9.  It
comes with a Debian CD as well.  It should be showing up in local
bookstores in about 3 weeks.  The FSF gets a chunk of the proceeds
from each sale.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 82,837,120th prime number is 1,671,830,731.