Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] DS3

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] DS3
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:25:51 -0500

Do you know who the upstream provider is/was? I noticed that our
(SouthWind) MCI Cable and Wireless connection was down for a few hours
yesterday. Of course we have a Sprint and UUNET feed so our customers
didn't notice any difference.

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 07:08:26AM -0500, phrostie wrote:
> that's funny
> interconn.net said the same thing.
>
> spiff wrote:
>
> > Hey, my provider is out for now due to 28 DS3s being cut in KC.
> >
> > Anyone know other then lines, what a DS3 involves?  I have a feel for a T1
> > and a T3 but had never heard of a DS3.
> >
> > Guess the next question would be who wants in the pot for how long it will
> > take to repair/reroute?  Been out since around 5:00pm on 27 Jun 1999.  As of
> > this message things are still down but crews are working on repairs.
> >
> > ttyl,
> > spiff
>
> --
> phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos
> and danced the skies on LINUX silvered wings.
> http://www.cottagesoft.com/~phrostie/cad-tastrafy

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Junior Systems Administrator
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963