Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Installing Netscape 4.61

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Installing Netscape 4.61
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:56:46 -0500

the tar ball should work on any distribution, but it's not always the easiest way to go.
rpm are quick and easy if your running redhat, pht, suse, caldera.
debian might have a deb for it.

as for the tar ball, creat a directory for it, move it to that directory, then do tar xzvfo <file.tat.gz>.
look for a readme file and an install script.

try that

i just move up to 4.61 with a rpm from falsehope.
love it!

good luck

phrostie

Patrick Klee wrote:

I am downloading Netscape Comunicator 4.61 for Linux, but how do I
install it.  It is a tar.gz file.
This Linux stuff is complicated, I am taking a Linux class this fall at
Butler, I hope that will help.

Patrick.

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx