Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] UNIX RELATED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] UNIX RELATED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
From: John Alexander <john.alexander@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:25:44 -0500

While not trying to sound like a DeVry commercial, or start a 'me too' holy
war, I must say that I have to agree with those who would tell you to stay
in school. I had a very good friend who, while pursuing his master's in Am.
Hist., always told me that you should go to college for an education, not a
vocation. Jobs may be easy to come by right now, and may very well continue
to be had with little to no trouble. Careers, however, are not made on the
job that you happen to hold right now, and where that job puts you
geographically right now. It took me 11 years to complete my degree, but I
can honestly say that taking that long to finish truly rounded my education,
which gave me the ability to explore other avenues, and decide, with
illumination, that this is the field in which I wanted to carve out an
existance. Stay the course, take what you will, and damn the torpedoes.