Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Unzipping zip files with gzip...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Unzipping zip files with gzip...
From: John Phillips <jphillip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 20:58:55 -0500 (CDT)

If you have a file: filename.tar.gz, go to the directory
above where you wish to install the un-zipped-un-tared filename and
use "tar zxvf filename.tar.gz". A new subdirectory should be created
automatically, and the software copied there.  "cd" to the new
subdirectory and "cat README | less" to see the instructions to
complete the install.