Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Mounting floppy - owner and group

To: ACLUG List <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Mounting floppy - owner and group
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:49:47 -0500 (CDT)

Did you "chown misclc /home/misclc/floppy" ?
To modify permissions, use chmod: "chmod 755 /home/misclc/floppy".
If they're ftp'ing in as user misclc, then the 'other' permissions
shouldn't be bothering you. However, if it's owned by root (or anyone
else, then it will look to the 'other' write permission.

> And now I'm wondering why I can only mount the floppy as root even
> though I am using the 'user' option in fstab?

That sounds kinda goofy. Try the chown above and see if it lets you mount
the floppy as misclc then.

-jeff