Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] Directory Rights

To: "Air Capital Linux Users Group" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Directory Rights
From: "Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:19:43 -0500

I have a business need to be able ftp directly to a MSDOS floppy.

I setup an account called misclc.  Then I created the directory /home/misclc/floppy using the command 'mkdir -m 0777 /home/misclc/floppy'.  Next I mounted the floppy using 'mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /home/misclc/floppy'  This gives me full rights to the floppy even when through ftp using the misclc account.  It worked once.  Now everytime I mount the floppy, the rights on the directory become 'drxwrxwr w'  (I lose the write option for others.)  This keeps me from copying files to the floppy during an ftp session.  I can unmount the floppy, delete my 'floppy' directory, recreate it with full rights, but when I mount again, I lose the write for others again.  help.

Also, I haven't figured out the method to alter directory rights after creation.  Can this be done?

Troy Wolf.