Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Printer setup

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Printer setup
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 09:02:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Craig Terhune wrote:

> > > I have a HP 500c that Im having the same problem with.
> > > I can't print anything
> > > from my browser, but it prints fine in Emacs. Help.
>
> RH 5.2

Not even a text page from the browser?
 (to rule out postscript conversion problems)

Does anything show up in 'lpq'?
 (how far is the print job going)

What print command is it using?
 (maybe specifying a different printer, or the wrong command)

Can you post a copy of /etc/printcap?
Is the browser running locally or remotely?

-jeff
--
Burns: "It's alive!  Oh, that fellow at Radio Shack said I was mad.
        Well, who's mad now!  Hah!  Ha ha!  Hahaha!"