Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] how to create maillists?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] how to create maillists?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 May 1999 20:39:54 -0500

"Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Which brings me to my question.  How do I setup a maillist on a
> Linux mail server?  Preferrably a closed list that requires
> membership in order to send to it--otherwise anyone in the world
> could send to all my employees using my maillists.  I'm not naive
> enough to think this can be fully answered in a simple email reply,
> but links to online guides or sample scripts and other help is
> appreciated.

I highly recommend Listar.  Since you have Debian, you can snag the
deb for it pretty easily.  And you're in luck; I'm both a coder for
Listar and the Debian maintainer of it, so you can ask your questions
about it right here or in the meetings :-)

> Also, if you have serious tips about how to solve my original
> "public" address book problem that prove successful---there could be
> a cash reward.

Well, unfortunately, I know little about how the Microsoft clients
deal with these things.  I'll ask around a bit and see if I can find
out that end, or if you could provide some info about just how they
get that info, that'd be good too.  I pretty well know the Linux end
of it, but I'm weak with knowledge about the details on the Microsoft
side.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 19,146,972nd prime number is 356,760,857.