Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] this will make your stomach turn

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] this will make your stomach turn
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 23:02:24 -0400

Funny is more like it. The media ain't all that sharp or clear, so it
pays to track down the originals:

    http://www.competitivetechnology.org/

However, I wasn't able to find anything about $30 billion, although
there is a "white paper" with about every ridiculous argument that
has been trotted out so far.

Check out their list of "In the news" articles:

    SO WHAT HAPPENS IF MICROSOFT LOSES? ? 03/01/99

    STUDY: DON'T TEAR REDMOND APART ? 02/18/99

    WHAT IF MICROSOFT LOSES? ? 02/18/99

    CRACKED WINDOWS ? 02/18/99

    TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY LEADERS OPPOSE SUGGESTED MICROSOFT
    BREAKUP ? 02/17/99

    MICROSOFT UNDERSTATED NETSCAPE'S HANDICAP ? 02/17/99

    IT EXECS SURVEYED SAY NO TO MICROSOFT BREAKUP ? 02/17/99

    DOJ CONSIDERS REMEDIES SHOULD IT WIN MICROSOFT CASE ? 02/16/99

So all they ever do is shill for Microsoft, yet their "Mission Statement"
doesn't mention Microsoft once. They have trial manuscripts, and a day-by-day
reportage section called "Industry Held Hostage".

These folks need to get a life.

"Frost, Keith A" wrote:

> a friend sent me this.
> scary

> > They have included this message to you:
> >

> > <<Interesting article>>
> >

> > Happy Reading from Computer Currents!

BTW, my proposal for when Microsoft loses the antitrust suit is to do the
same thing to them that a judge down in Medicine Bow did to me once, when
they busted me for speeding: take every dime of short-term cash they got,
then let them go on their merry way. The last thing I want to do is look
at the source code to Internet Explorer.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull  ::  thull@xxxxxxxx  ::  http://www.ocston.org/~thull