Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] kernel compile problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] kernel compile problems
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 May 1999 07:38:08 -0500

Seth "spiff" Turner <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Well, once again, I prove unworthy. :)  The bin86 package is all that I was
> missing.

Hehe :-)

Well if you don't know which package the files are in, you can find
out.  First thing to do is download
ftp://ftp.debian.org/dists/stable/Contents-i386.gz or find it on a
CD.  Then:

zgrep as86 Contents-i386.gz

Also, if you have a package already installed but don't know which
package has a particular file, you can use:

dpkg -S filename

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 812,381st digit of pi is 1.