Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] kernel compile problems

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] kernel compile problems
From: "Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 11:29:49 -0500

Seth, are you using RedHat?
I have a simple page that details exactly step by step how to upgrade RH
kernel 2.0.36 to kernels 2.2.x.  I am NOT a linux guru, but as I struggle to
learn different processes, I'm documenting them html style and loading them
on my page--more for my own reference than the public, but they are
available.  My tips are definitely RedHat Linux specific, but should be
useful for all distributions.

Currently, the kernel upgrade page is all I have.  I'll be adding the
following pages because these are other projects I'm working on and
perfecting.

Linux transparent-proxy, masqerading firewall
Linux Dialup PPP server (IP and IPX)
Linux Mail server

Visit http://www.troywolf.com/linux

I hope it helps.  I've followed it to the letter for upgrading 5 Redhat 5.2
(2.0.36) boxes.
If you have trouble, you can call me today at home: 262-8769.  Many of these
people have helped me...if I can help you, it would be a pleasure.

Troy Wolf
troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx