Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] linuxlogo

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] linuxlogo
From: Seth Turner <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:57:28 -0500 (CDT)

When I first began toying with linux, I thought the linuxlogo, while crude was
aneat little thing.  Now that I am a bit farther along, I still like it, but it
is reporting the wrong information (still showing info from a kernel back as
well as the wrong RAM amount) so I did a dpkg -r linuxlogo and thought all
wouldbe well.

Dang thing is still hanging around.  Thought I would outsmart it and put the
newer version included with Slink in so did a dpkg -i linuxlogo*.deb and ended
up with the debian instead of linux, which is fine and it shows correctly,
however, I still end up with the old linuxlogo (linux) showing up at login with
the new version a screen above it.  Again trying to think it through,
rememberedback to initial installation and the fact that I had modified the
/etc/rc*.d to have the old one show up later in the boot sequence so I kindly
moved all
references to linuxlogo into another folder just in case it messed things up.
Now, it still shows up and I am beginning to think it is some kind of "newbie"
joke.  Sort of like roaches, only I don't have a kill for it.

Anyway, does anyone have advice on how to NUKE the old linuxlogo while keeping
the new one, or perhaps even remove both of them allowing me to reinstall the
newer version once I know the old one is gone?

tia,
spiff