Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: funky console output (Re: [aclug-L] HELP!!!)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: funky console output (Re: [aclug-L] HELP!!!)
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:00:30 -0500 (CDT)

I don't have a lot of experience with Debian or Windowmaker, so I'm not
much specific help there; it's very possible that Xwindows is corrupting
your display.  Do you have the right X server & driver?  Is that a
bleeding edge version of Windowmaker?  Are you able to set the console
back to a sane state with 'stty reset' or just 'reset'?

Oh, and BOFH is something I first saw a while back, but had forgotten
about, and was recently reminded of, so I read a few episodes.  It's the
Bastard Operator From Hell.  search yahoo for BOFH and you should find a
few. If not, try: http://www.iinet.net.au/~bofh/

-jeff
----
...at the chess-board we cannot go beyond it nor do we want to.  We
have got our chessmen and we know their every value, and movement and
power, so it is up to us to make the moves which we hope will give us
victory. ... yet all the time, just as in life, we have to face problems.