Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] Attn John...RE-Sound

To: Linux users group questions <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Attn John...RE-Sound
From: maholmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 11:26:33 -0600

I am running an ensonic ESS 1868 Plug and Pray Sound Card, I am also
running a Serria 33.6 fax/voice/modem  I have all the functions of the
modem working from isapnp.  BUT, I must let it boot, (and it puts up
setting up pnp devices and puts the proper checksum and I.D.'s on the
screen during boot up, but never sets the hooks) ,  after it boots up
the first time,  I must enter "isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf"  then I type
shutdown -r now.  When it finishes booting this time I have modem
ability.  Before I got the modem working, I had the ability to play cd's
on the computer.    I ahd thought I had two isapnp.conf files one in
/etc  and one in /, but the only one I found was in /etc.  I like the
beeps and stuff.   I need to get the sound on line, I'd like it and the
modem to boot themselves on the first boot.

mike