Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Thanks and another question.....:->

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Thanks and another question.....:->
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 08:52:34 -0500

on one of my previous installs i created a sym link from my phrostie .nsmail  to root's nsmail.

this works but does cause other problems

to add asmodem to the wharf goto (rh5.2) /usr/share/afterstep/
edit the wharf file to add a line that looks like :
*Wharf asmodem - Swallow "asmodem"   asmodem -p +1090+745 -d "/usr/sbin/usernetctl /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 up" -h "/usr/sbin/usernetctl /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 down" &

this works for me.

maholmes wrote:

Thanks, Phrostic, netcfg setup did have a place to allow other users to
(de)activate ppp0 (my internet connection).  I never could get asmodem
intergrated into afterstep.  It will not run outside of x11.  I did,
however find that now I can click on the usernet and click on the square
and the modem turns on and dials out and connects to the internet.

Now, as my non root name, it will not allow me to use the same name as I
did  on the root.  I would have to add to my email name to get it to
work.  Is there any way I can use the same email name to get in and out,
without haveing to change, or add to my email name?

Mike

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos