Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Linux on store shelves

To: "ACLUG" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux on store shelves
From: "Joseph Rose" <jerose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:44:46 -0600

I was browsing in Best Buy - Eastgate today and was surprised to find almost
two dozen boxes of Red Hat 5.2! Price was under $40 for standard version but
they also had "server" version for around $90. Most remarkable was one lone
copy of "Idiot's Guide to Linux" for $10 that included a CD of Caldera Open
Linux1.3 (I almost bought it but I've already got Slackware and Redhat)
Maybe linux is making a difference!
Joe Rose