Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Mirroring debian (as asked in last nights meeting)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx, jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: trbloom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Mirroring debian (as asked in last nights meeting)
From: cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:33:16 -0600 (CST)

At last night meeting I mentioned wanting to set-up a personal mirror of
slink (main,contrib,non-free,non-us)

Roach (John) said he would post his script, but let me post mine that I
got from the debian web page. I know even if it worked it wouldn't get
non-us, but I want to get this to work for now.

I'm saving it to ~trbloom/debmirror because that is a seperate 4 gig
drive.

ok this is the script I currently have, if you have a better one feel
free to post it:

#! /bin/sh
set -e

# Set the variables below to fit your site. You can then use cron to have this
# script run daily to automatically update your copy of the archive
#
# TO is the destination for the base of the debian directory (the dir that
# holds dists/ and ls-lR)
#
# RSYNC_HOST is the site you have chosen from the mirrors file
#
# RSYNC_DIR is the directory given in the Archive-rsync: line of the
# mirrors file for the site you have chosen to mirror.
#
# chmod 744 anonftpsync
#
# You MUST have rsync 2.0.16-1 or newer which is available in slink

# With a blank EXCLUDE you will mirror the entire archive.
# This exclude list is what ftp1.us.debian.org uses
#EXCLUDE="--exclude *alpha.deb --exclude *m68k.deb --exclude \
#    *powerpc.deb --exclude stable/ --exclude bo/ --exclude \
#    /contrib/ --exclude /non-free/ --exclude source/ --exclude \
#    /Debian-1.3* --exclude binary-alpha/ --exclude binary-m68k/ \
#    --exclude binary-powerpc/ --exclude Incoming/ --exclude \
#    local/ --exclude bo-unstable/ --exclude bo-updates/ "

TO=/home/trbloom/debmirror
RSYNC_HOST=ftp.us.debian.org
RSYNC_DIR=/debian/
EXCLUDE="--exclude *alpha.deb --exclude *m68k.deb --exclude \
    *powerpc.deb --exclude bo/ --exclude source/ --exclude \
    /Debian-1.3* --exclude binary-alpha/ --exclude binary-m68k/ \
    --exclude binary-powerpc/ --exclude Incoming/ --exclude \
    local/ --exclude bo-unstable/ --exclude bo-updates/ "

LOCK="${TO}/Archive-Update-in-Progress-`hostname -f`"

# Get in the right directory and set the umask to be group writable
#
cd $HOME
umask 002

# Check to see if another sync is in progress
if lockfile -! -l 43200 -r 0 "$LOCK"; then
  echo `hostname` is unable to start rsync, lock file exists
  exit 1
fi
trap "rm -f $LOCK > /dev/null 2>&1" exit

set +e
rsync -rltvz --delete \
     --exclude "Archive-Update-in-Progress-`hostname -f`" \
     --exclude "project/trace/`hostname -f`" \
     $EXCLUDE \
     $RSYNC_HOST::$RSYNC_DIR $TO > rsync.log 2>&1
date -u > "${TO}/project/trace/`hostname -f`"
savelog rsync.log > /dev/null 2>&1

-----

it creates the following rsync log :
ERROR: The remote path must start with a module name

and returns to the command line

| The Cheez-Czar  http://www.hackboy.com/~cabrubak    |
>From The Chalkboard of Bart Simpson:
The Pledge of Allegiance does not end with "Hail Satan".