Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Apple finally did it

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Apple finally did it
From: John Reinke <ufotofu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 01:02:39 -0600

I had heard rumors a while back that Apple was considering opening up their
source for the new BSD-based MacOS. It sounds like they did it, but with
their own license. I'm curious what similarities exist between their
license and others like GPL. Any open source pundits out there care to
comment? (John Goerzen?) It will also be interesting to see how the license
may protect information from being used by others working on LinuxPPC,
etc...

I haven't checked it out yet, but I know they had been developing an Intel
version as well.

http://www.publicsource.apple.com/

john