Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Question.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ixisaias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Question.
From: John Goerzen <pilot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:10 -0600

   >Will anyone tell me how can I configure my network card?
   >I have a SN2000, which happen to be is different than the NE2000. This
   >card is set to bet irq=5. I don't know what kind of i/o to put because I

One potential problem there is that many sound cards use IRQ5, so watch
out for conflicts at that point.

   >have tried i/o=240, i/o=0x240, i/o=0240-025F(similar to my win98 conf.)
   >and i/o=0x300(seens to be a nice guess) but any of them have work.
   >Probably my problem is defining my module. I have defined as eth0, eth1,
   >eth02, and eth2. And it just doesn't work. I know there is a file that I

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  The module name wouldn't be eth0
or eth1; rather, it would be something like ne2000 or tulip.

To load it, you would use:

modprobe modulename irq=5 io=0x240