Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] plug and pray!

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] plug and pray!
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:22:01 -0600

I was at the install fest.  When I got home the 6.8g did not last, as when
I run windows, it saw the missing partition and "automatically" as a
personal favor formatted the missing drive!  Sounds like a vendetta to me!
 Anyway after I finished committing various acts against my hardware, I sat
down and retried.  you must format the hard drive all of it, and then run
the drive magic program (my bios is prior '96, it does not recognize above
2.1g).  Then before you setup windows, you must remove the target drive
space(for LINUX) and then setup windows, with the missing drive space.
 That way it is used to not having the area. Then after all that go ahead
and install LINUX.

MY PROBLEM IS.....
I have no clue on how to go about getting the plug and pray devices to work
in LINUX.  I have the settings win95 uses, but I don't know what you guys
did to get the computer to even look at them.  I have a serria 33.6 modem,
fax, voice, and an ensonic ess sound card.  Help will be greatly appreci
ated.  Detailed instructions a must, as I am confused!

mike