Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Copy from SCO to Linux

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Copy from SCO to Linux
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:04:36 -0600

 Carl B. Davis wrote:

>I have a small office network with Windows 95 computers, Linux Server
>and an SCO Unix system.  The Windows computers communicate to Linux via
>SAMBA and TCP/IP and use it as file/print server.  I telnet into the SCO
>box and use a specific database application there.
>
>My question is if anyone can give me guidance on how to copy files from
>the SCO box to the Linux system.  I don't care about sharing files from
>SCO to the Windows computers, just with the Linux system.  They can ping
>each other by name and ip address.

There are lots of ways.  You can run Samba on your Linux machine and use it
as a client (just like your Windows systems).  Or you could use FTP, as you
mentioned (try it, it's probably already set up...)  Or you could share the
directories you're interested in on the SCO system and mount them with NFS
from the Linux machine and access them just like a local filesystem.  Lots
of options!

Greg