Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Idea and/or question.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Idea and/or question.
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:44:02 -0600 (CST)

> My idea is why if Linux is free the University don't have more computers
> with Linux on them so that people can start getting used to Linux and
> start learning more about. I don't asking for all the computer but at

Because the people in charge of University Computing are different than
the people in charge of the Computer Science Department.  And the people
in charge of UC are just as brain-washed as the rest of the world that
buys Microsoft products.

I'll say I was VERY disappointed when they replaced those old 286 DOS
machines with the new Pentium II 350's running Windows 98.

The 286 DOS machines made MUCH faster telnet terminals, and didn't crash
nearly as often!  (Plus, most people didn't bother using them, so it was
much easier to find an open terminal.  :-)

Jonathan Hall * jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * PGP public key available
Systems Admin, Future Internet Services in Goessel, KS * (316) 367-2443
     http://www2.southwind.net/~jonhall * PGP Key ID: FE 00 FD 51
         -=  Running Debian GNU/Linux 2.0, kernel 2.0.36  =-